New Alamein City: A Fourth-Generation City on the Mediterranean Coast
If you are looking for a new destination to visit or live in Egypt, you might want to consider New Alamein City. This is a new city that was inaugurated by President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi in 2018, and is designed to be a modern, sustainable, and attractive city on the North Coast. In this blog post, we will tell you everything you need to know about New Alamein City, its location, features, projects, and benefits.
What is New Alamein City?
New Alamein City is one of the fourth-generation cities that the Egyptian government is developing to cope with the population growth, urban sprawl, and economic challenges in the country. It is located on the Mediterranean Sea, about 85 km west of Borg El Arab International Airport, and within the administrative borders of Marsa Matrouh Governorate. It covers an area of 50,000 acres, and has a planned capacity of over 3 million residents.
New Alamein City aims to be a center for tourism, education, culture, and business in the region. It offers a variety of residential, commercial, recreational, and entertainment facilities, as well as public services and infrastructure. It also preserves the historical and archaeological heritage of the area, especially the Alamein Cemetery, where the famous World War II battles took place.
What are the main features of New Alamein City?
New Alamein City has many features that make it stand out as a unique and innovative city. Some of these features are:
- It is an open city that welcomes visitors and residents from all over the country and the world. Unlike the private resorts on the North Coast, New Alamein City has public beaches and facilities that are accessible to everyone.
- It is a green city that adopts environmentally friendly practices and technologies. It uses renewable energy sources, such as solar and wind power, to generate electricity. It also recycles water and waste, and preserves the natural resources and biodiversity of the area.
- It is a smart city that uses digital solutions and systems to enhance the quality of life and services for its inhabitants. It has a high-speed internet network, a smart transportation system, a smart security system, and a smart management system.
- It is a cultural city that promotes art, creativity, and diversity. It has a city of culture and arts that includes a Roman theater, a studio complex, an opera hall, and a cinema complex. It also hosts various festivals, events, and exhibitions throughout the year.
- It is an educational city that provides opportunities for learning and development for its residents. It has three universities that offer various fields of study and research. It also has schools, libraries, museums, and training centers.
What are some of the projects in New Alamein City?
New Alamein City has many projects that are either completed or under construction. Some of these projects are:
- The North Edge Towers: These are 15 skyscrapers that overlook the sea and offer luxurious apartments, hotels, offices, and shops. They are designed to be landmarks of the city and have distinctive shapes and colors.
- The Gate: This is a mixed-use project that consists of 10 towers that have residential units, commercial spaces, hotels, and entertainment facilities. It also has a large gate-shaped structure that connects the towers and serves as an entrance to the city.
- The Iconic Tower: This is a 250-meter-high tower that will be the tallest in New Alamein City. It will have hotel rooms, offices, and residential units. It will also have a panoramic view of the sea and the city.
- The Presidential Palace: This is a palace that will serve as a residence for the president and his guests. It will have a grand design and architecture that reflects the Egyptian identity and culture.
- The Ministry Building: This is a building that will house some of the government ministries and agencies. It will have a modern design and technology that will facilitate the work and communication between them.
- The Mall: This is a mega-mall that will offer various shopping, dining, and entertainment options for the visitors and residents of New Alamein City. It will have international brands, local products, restaurants, cafes, cinemas, and more.
- The Marina: This is a marina that will provide services for yachts and boats. It will also have recreational facilities such as water sports, fishing spots, restaurants, bars, and clubs.
What are the benefits of New Alamein City?
New Alamein City has many benefits for Egypt and its people. Some of these benefits are:
- It will boost the tourism sector in Egypt by attracting more visitors from inside and outside the country. It will also create more jobs and income opportunities for the local community.
- It will reduce the congestion and pollution in Cairo by offering an alternative place to live and work for many Egyptians. It will also improve the quality of life and health for its residents.
- It will enhance the development and integration of the North Coast region by connecting it with other cities and governorates. It will also increase the investment and trade activities in the area.
- It will preserve the history and culture of Egypt by showcasing its heritage and achievements. It will also foster the creativity and innovation of its people.
New Alamein City is a new city that is being built on the North Coast of Egypt. It is a fourth-generation city that aims to be a modern, sustainable, and attractive city for tourism, education, culture, and business. It has many features, projects, and benefits that make it a promising and exciting destination for visitors and residents alike.